Friday, February 1, 2008

DVD Buyer's Guide

      
The MOH episodes are two of the season’s better. I got a real kick out of Deer Woman, which has a lot of the same humor as An American Werewolf in London, and I may actually pick this up just for the special features alone. Sick Girl‘s not bad, either.

The Danger After Dark Collection contains Suicide Club, which I’ve heard good things about, as well asMoon Child and 2LDK. I’ve also heard that, for what it’s worth, Art of the Devil 2 really punishes the original, but other than that I don’t know much about it. Same goes for The Curse of the Crying Woman, which is a newly remastered classic.

Lastly, we’ve got the powerful French film Cache, which followed Syriana closely on my ’05 list. And if I didn’t already own part of the series, I’d definitely pick up the "Strangers With Candy" complete series set (no doubt launched in anticipation of the film’s summer release). Hell, I may even pick it up because at Amazon’s $38 for all 3 seasons, it’s cheaper than buying the sets I don’t have.

No comments:

free counters