When American author Edgar Allan Poe visits London, he is approached by British journalist Alan Foster, who becomes the target of a peculiar wager. Not believing Poe's assertion that all of his macabre stories have been based on actual experience, Foster accepts a bet from Poe and his friend Sir Thomas Blackwood that he cannot spend an entire night in the Blackwood's haunted castle. Once installed in the abandoned castle, Foster discovers that he is not alone, as he is approached by various beautiful women and handsome men, and a doctor of metaphysics -- who explains that they are all lost souls damned to replay the stories of their demises on the anniversary of their deaths!
Synapse Films, Inc. is proud to present CASTLE OF BLOOD in this beautiful new fully digital transfer taken directly from a rare uncut theatrical print. Euro-Horror fans have waited a LONG time for this film to be properly restored and Synapse Films is proud to present, for the first time in America, the complete version of this cult film classic!
This presentation of CASTLE OF BLOOD is complete, uncut and features scenes not included in the original U.S. release version. Because these scenes were never dubbed into English, they are presented here in French with English subtitles.
- NTSC / Region 1
- UNCENSORED INTERNATIONAL VERSION Containing Scenes Removed from the Original U.S. Theatrical Release
- Brand New Digital 1.78:1 Transfer Enhanced for Widescreen Televisions.
- In English and French with New English Subtitles for the Newly Restored French Language Footage.
- Original U.S. CASTLE OF BLOOD Theatrical Trailer
- Original U.S. CASTLE OF BLOOD Opening Credit Sequence
- Still Gallery
- Liner Notes from Film Historian, Tim Lucas